That's my story, and I'm Sticking With It

No fighting, No biting, No bloodletting. Just be excellent to each other.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

That Could Have Gone Better ... (Or maybe not)

Just got back home from the counciling session and dinner with Mags. All in all, it went pretty well. (Ignoring the fact that we got into an argument in the middle of the "getting to know you" session.) Dr. Tom allowed us to run with it for a while before politely, but firmly, bringing us back to the subject at hand. On the bright side, we provided a practical demonstration in response to the question, "Why do you think you need help?"
For dinner, we went back to IHOP, something we haven’t done since we were dating. The conversation was good, and I only had to bring Mags up short once to let her know she was stepping on my toes. I know she was trying to show empathy to my plight, but it came off too much like one-upsmanship. I told her so, and then promptly changed the subject, not because she scowled at me, but because I really didn’t want to have yet another fight tonight. (Particularly not sitting in the middle of a restaurant.)
Well, I must run. I may not like this househusband thing, but dammit, I’m going to do a good job of it. I need to cycle a load of laundry, and then it’s off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home