That's my story, and I'm Sticking With It

No fighting, No biting, No bloodletting. Just be excellent to each other.

Monday, November 28, 2005

At least that's over

Survived a holiday with the in-laws, and survived is about the best I can say about it. Between Mags regressing to her teenage years, my father-in-law growling at anyone present until he’d had enough to drink (and then being overly solicitous), and my mother-in-law trying to push food on anyone who happened to stand still long enough, I ended up pleading fatigue and reading for most of the weekend. It was either that or say something that would have terrible long-term consequences. All in all I’m looking forward to a nice, relaxing, week at work to try to get over it.

On the bright side, I did get a chance to read a fascinating book, “The Life of Pi,” by Yann Martel. Although I can’t figure out how the author intended to tie what is, in essence, two almost totally unconnected stories together, it was a good read none-the-less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home