That's my story, and I'm Sticking With It

No fighting, No biting, No bloodletting. Just be excellent to each other.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Well, the long awaited rain has finally arrived. I'm sitting at the computer, listening to it fall. The job hunt work for today has finished, and I'm desperately trying to come up with some excuse to not do anything else. (Rain affects me that way.) So, let me share one of the Pennsic stories.

We set off at 8:30 Friday Evening, with the intention of driving all night to get to Pennsic. Everybody was too wound up to sleep, so we talked almost the entire way. Along about 2 in the morning, we got a little silly, and decided to finish the camp song from the Capital One commercial ("Burned a villiage to the ground, doh-dah".) Here's what we came up with:

Pickled Herring
(to the tune of Camptown Races)

Sailed my longship ‘cross the sea, doo-dah, doo-dah.
Gonna raid the monastery. Oh de-doo-dah-day.
Gonna sail all day, gonna sail all night.
Give me all your money and goods, or there’ll be a fight.

Burned a village to the ground, doo-dah, doo-dah.
Burned the church and robbed the town. Oh de-doo-dah-day.
Gonna raid all night, gonna raid all day.
Better find some more money, or I won’t go away.

Drank some mead from a great big horn, doo-dah, doo-dah.
Next morning wished I’d never been born. Oh de-doo-dah-day.
Gonna drink all day, gonna drink all night.
Wake me up too ear-e-ly, and there’ll be a fight.

Saw this wench in an English Fife, doo-dah, doo-dah.
Took her home to meet the wife. Oh de-doo-dah-day.
Gonna wench all night, gonna wench all day.
Instead of bliss when I got home, Helga made me pay.

Sailed my longship ‘cross the sea, doo-dah, doo-dah.
(spoken) I hear France is nice this time of year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home