That's my story, and I'm Sticking With It

No fighting, No biting, No bloodletting. Just be excellent to each other.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Old friends

As part of my revisiting with old friends (some would call it rereading the classics,) I have recently started back into Christopher Stasheff’s Warlock series. Something stuck with me from early in the series. The main character meets a beautiful, capable, intelligent woman whom he falls in love with and who loves him back. (I’m paraphrasing because I don’t want to be bothered to dig the quote out.) He then realizes that this woman, whom he thought was so far beyond him, has fallen in love with him because he is able to see past her physical beauty and recognize the person underneath.
I have a friend whom is going through this at the moment. I want to tell this friend that they are being stupid, but I can’t quite bring myself to do that. I could say a lot on that statement, but I think I’ll let it lie for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home