That's my story, and I'm Sticking With It

No fighting, No biting, No bloodletting. Just be excellent to each other.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Gloomy thoughts for a nice, sunny morning.

Had a restless night last night: Couldn’t seem to fall asleep, and when I did drift off, the dreams jolted me awake. I’m not really one of those that believe that dreams are prophetic, but (even though I can’t remember the exact content,) last night’s dreams left me with a feeling of dread. It felt as if something big was coming down. I don’t think it’ll be particularly bad in and of itself, but whatever is coming has the power to alter my life in a major and long-lasting way. I just wish I could remember more.

All in all, last night has left me feeling sluggish and foul tempered. I can’t help but dwell on a quote from Oscar Wilde (as I often do when I’m sluggish and foul), “There are two great tragedies in life: One is to lose one’s heart’s desire and the other is to gain it.” Looking at this statement, (and with all due deference to Oscar,) he didn’t quite get it right. While gaining and the loosing something wonderful is indeed tragic, even more devastating is to get just a taste, just a hint of some wonder but to never be able to attain it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home